Skirt Steak Soft Tacos with Avocado-Corn Salsa Recipe
Active: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 2 limes)
- 6 scallions
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1.Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Stir together chili powder, cumin, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Rub oil over steak, and coat with spice mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2.Meanwhile, to make the salsa, stir together corn kernels, avocados, chopped cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3.Place steak on oiled grate, and grill, uncovered, to desired degree of doneness (2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare). Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4.Place scallions on grate, and grill, uncovered and turning occasionally until charred and tender, about 2 minutes.
- 5.Cut steak across the grain into strips, and divide evenly among corn tortillas. Chop scallions, and sprinkle over steak. Top with salsa, and serve with lime wedges.