Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
• 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut lengthwise
• ¾ cup (90 g) all-purpose flour
• 1 egg beaten
• 1 cup (80 g) Panko Japanese-style breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• zest of 1 lemon grated
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ½ tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees (220 degrees C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a shallow plate, combine the flour, paprika, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
4. Beat the egg in another shallow plate.
5. Place the Panko breadcrumbs in a third shallow plate.
6. Working one at a time, dredge the chicken breasts in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in panko, pressing to coat.
7. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and spray with olive oil on both sides.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, turn each piece over and continue baking for an additional 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly golden. Baking times vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
9. Garnished the crispy baked chicken breasts with a slice of lemon and chopped parsley, if desired.