Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
· 4 cups milk (dairy or dairy-free)
· 3 tablespoons cacao powder
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
· 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or approx ⅔ cup chocolate chips)
· Optional: ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup to a simmer. Stir until there's no clumps.
2. Add the finely chopped chocolate and whisk for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the hot chocolate is smooth.
3. Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, and if you'd like, add your favorite toppings.