Best Ever, Super Easy Salsa
- 2 14-ounce cans fire-roasted canned tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce jarred roasted red pepper well-drained
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles (undrained these are not spicy, just add great flavor
- ½ medium red onion roughly chopped
- ½-1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, packed
- 6 medium green onions roughly cut in two inch pieces
- 3 medium cloves garlic peeled
- 1-2 medium jalapeño peppers seeded (if you like a spicier flavor, leave the seeds in)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice.
- Combine all ingredients except reserved tomato juice in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on and off until all ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. We like it a bit chunky, but if you like a smoother salsa, just keep pulsing. If you like a thinner salsa, add the reserved tomato juice and pulse one more time.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve with chips, tacos, or other Mexican entrees, as a baked potato or omelet topping, soup garnish, etc.