Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 15 burritos
· 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
· 1 16 ounce can refried beans
· 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
· 1/4 cup water
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 3 tablespoons chopped onion
· 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 15-20 7- inch flour tortillas
· 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain away any excess fat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, except the cheese. Stir well.
3. Simmer over medium low heat 15 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
4. Allow to cool slightly.
5. To fill tortillas, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the filling down the center of the tortilla.
6. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over the filling and roll up, tucking in the sides as you roll.
7. To save for later, wrap each tortilla in paper towels and store the burritos in an airtight container or freezer bag in your refrigerator. When you're ready to eat, microwave in the paper towel for one minute.